- 1.1Multiple choice
- 1.2Identifying information
- 1.3Identifying a writer’s views/claims
- 1.4Matching information
- 1.5Matching headings
- 1.6Matching features
- 1.7Matching sentence endings
- 1.8Sentence completion
- 1.9Summary, note, table, flow-chart completion
- 1.10Diagram label completion
- 1.11Short-answer questions
1.7.1 Matching sentence endings
In this question type, you are given the first half of a sentence based on the reading text and asked to choose the best way to complete it from a list of possible options. There will be more options to choose from than there are questions. You will then have to choose the correct option to complete the sentence. The questions are in the same order as the information in the passage: that is, the answer to the first question in this group will be found before the answer to the second question, and so on.
Matching sentence endings will assess your ability to understand the main ideas within a sentence.