What is IELTS Indicator?
IELTS Indicator is an online test that can be taken from the comfort and safety of your home. The test currently includes four skills - Listening, Reading, Writing and Speaking, and you will receive an indicative score for each. Your performance will be marked by IELTS examiners and you will receive your result within seven days.
The test is available for a limited time while IELTS testing is currently suspended due to COVID-19.
Educational providers can use IELTS Indicator to help them gauge the English language ability of future students while IELTS testing is suspended. As IELTS Indicator provides an indicative score only, it is not accepted by all organisations. Before you book, be sure to check with your university or educational institution.
Benefits of IELTS Indicator
For test takers
- IELTS Indicator test will give you an opportunity to measure your ability in Listening, Reading, Writing and Speaking
- IELTS Indicator can be completed at home, online while IELTS testing has been suspended in some locations
- Universities and educational institutions can use IELTS Indicator for application purposes
- IELTS Indicator is an official IELTS product you can trust
For universities and education providers
- It is a great way to gauge the English Listening, Reading, Writing and Speaking levels of your prospective students
- The IELTS Indicator test uses official IELTS test questions and is marked using IELTS test criteria by qualified IELTS examiners
- It is available in countries where IELTS testing has been suspended due to COVID-19
IELTS Indicator Checklist
- A quiet & comfortable space to take your test
- A laptop or desktop computer (Mac or PC only, you cannot take IELTS Indicator on a mobile or tablet device)
- Your computer meets the minimum and recommended system requirements
- A stable internet connection
- Speakers or headphones connected to your computer (for audio during your Listening and Speaking test)
- Camera and microphone for your Speaking test
- Ensure you are available for the full duration of the test