The Listening test is 30 minutes long (plus 10 minutes transfer time) and covers four separate recordings. The Listening test is the same for both Academic and General Training tests.
There are four parts:
Listening sample tasks
The following IELTS Listening Sample Tasks are to be used with the answer sheet and MP3 audio files/transcripts. Each answer sheet indicates which recording to listen to, or if a transcript is provided.
- Short Answer (Sample 2) - Questions
- Short Answer (Sample 2) - Audio Recording (MP3, 549KB)
- Short Answer (Sample 2) - Answers
- Note Completion - Questions
- Note Completion - Audio Recording (MP3, 402KB)
- Note Completion - Answers
Listening Answer SheetListening Answer Sheet
More free IELTS practice tests (Paper-based)
IELTS Academic practice tests
IELTS General Training practice tests
Get familiar with computer-delivered IELTS
Experience computer-delivered IELTS for free on your own computer, so you know what to expect on test day.